lunedì 30 ottobre 2017

Vegan witches fingers for Halloween!

Hey folks!
It's been one year since I wrote my last post in this blog, I am so bad at blogging but I promise I will try my best to keep this space alive and updated.
This has been a very busy month for Chiaralascura: I exhibited at Vegfestuk in London and Miveg in Milan, the biggest vegan festival I attend every year, and I lauched the Halloween collection with new mugs, pins and tote bags. 
If you don't know what I am talking about browse the collection here.
Halloween is my favoutite time of the year, even if it's not part of the italian holidays tradition, for several reasons: I was born in November, I love the fall, I love everything spooky, strange and unusual and of course I love candy. 
If you are like me you will appreciate this little recipe for vegan witches fingers.
I've been doing this cookies for a couple of years now and they are always so fun to make and good to eat.



Ingredients
1+1/2 cups flour
1/2 cups vegan margarine or vegan butter, softened
3/4 cups sugar
almonds
jam (I used strawberry)
food color (green)

Mix the flour, margarine and sugar with your hands until the dough comes toghether. Add food colouring if you want to. Put the dough in the fridge for half an hour.
Preheat the oven at 350°.
Now you can start forming the fingers on the baking sheet. Don't make them to thick because they will raise a little bit in the oven. Use the almonds as fingernails, use the jam to make them stick to the dough so they won't come off when they are cooked.
Cook them for about 10-15 minutes, checking them to make sure they are not too brown.
You are now ready to scare all the kids in your neighborhood!


Nessun commento:

Posta un commento

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...